Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sooooo pregnant, but far from giving up

So being pregnant ain't as easy as some people might think, on the other hand, I've found that my experience has not been as bad as many horror stories I've heard. I'm quite thankful for that believe me. So in light of these two sentiments, I decided to focus on some pluses and deltas in my life right now:

Pluses
  1. I went to the NYInternationalLatinoFilmFestival today (my first film festival) and saw two documentaries and a movie-one was decent, one was pretty good, and one was very good, not bad for a first timer.
  2. I went to said festival with TS and that was the best part, we got to catch up on our lives, good and bad in real time (as opposed to IM or email), and we even took a trip to City Island (another first for me) for seafood between films.
  3. Though just about 8 months pregnant, I managed to survive a long ass day of walking, subway riding, more walking, and film watching in temperatures and humidity that made me change my clothes once and contemplate gouging my eyes out :-) I believe I drank about 4 bottles of water.
  4. I will be signing a lease for a new apartment tomorrow!!! A 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, with dining room, and balcony on a 2nd floor of a private house--best parts??? Same price as my current one bedroom apartment and NO BROKER'S FEE.
  5. My baby shower is in exactly two weeks and my confirmed guest list is full of many people I love and many I'm not able to see often---including none other than my best friend and my son's godmother, Jrny_wmn
  6. And finally, my baby is almost here! My son, who has no name because my fiance and I can't agree on one, will be called Baby Boy _______ for a few days. But either way, he is almost in the world and I can't wait. I'm still nervous, but honestly more excited than anxious these days.
Deltas
  1. Instead of being fired from my job (not because of incompetence, but because of maternity leave), I decided to resign on Friday. Therefore, I technically don't have a job to go back to after I give birth--that is a separate post that I hope to complete in the next few days.
  2. After being stood up again by my real father, I confronted him a little angrily over the phone...that was last Sunday and I've yet to hear from him since. There goes that attempt at reunification. That is also a separate post that I hope to complete in the next few days.
  3. I owe my graduate school almost $2000 and until I pay it, my diploma is being held hostage. I don't have that much money and I can't get a loan to pay for it because my credit isn't "good enough" nor do I know anyone who can "co-sign". My credit is better than most of my family and friends', but still nooooooot good enough I guess.
  4. It's getting a little harder to get up and down subway stairs with this big ass belly and a baby pushing up on my diaphragm (sp?). It makes me feel a little old and helpless, especially when you pair that with not being able to bend over to tie my shoes (or do anything for that matter), peeing millions of times a day, not being able to see my nether regions or bottom of belly and shirts (thereby missing stains or spills that others love to point out) and not being able to find a good position to sleep in...so while 2 months is a short time for baby arrival, it is also very, very f*cking long.
So yeah, that's my life--not all of it but the important parts--right now more pluses than deltas, thank you Jesus lol...thanks for listening/reading...or not lol, either is okay :-)

1 comment:

Journey_Wmn said...

I'm someone's godmother I like the sound of that!!! I can't wait til your baby shower and to see your belly!!