Thursday, August 16, 2007

Just when I thought

I was on a roll with consistent blogging...life goes right ahead and interferes. I've been missing (though I'm sure many have not noticed lol): working alot, moving to a new, bigger apartment (that doubles my work commute) and having a beautiful baby shower with cool people like Jrny_wmn and TS . It's been an overwhelming time though and as my due date steadily approaches and my doctor warns me to slow down before I give birth early, I really have just one question for the mommy's in the blogworld:

HOW THE HELL DO YOU MENTALLY PREPARE TO PASS A CHILD THROUGH YOUR VAGINAL CANAL?!?!?!?!

that's my only question and all responses are warmily received :-)

3 comments:

: said...

lol...lol...and lol! First of all...you WERE missed in the blog world; don't think cuz your ass is prego and moving and having a 'life' you can get away with not dropping a few bits of 'chami chunks of wisdom' to the starving masses over here! Got people all dribbling, leaning over their computers, waiting for your next entry...lol! As for the labor thing...bueno mija...as someone that successfully pushed two through the vaginal canal, the truth is...it will hurt...there is no way to prepare...but the minute you see that beautiful life placed in your arms...you'll be like...pain? what pain? It's an amazing experience, you WILL remember it for the rest of you life. Focus on THAT and stop listening to anyone trying to instill fear in you...the love will sedate you ;)

Anonymous said...

this is so cliche, but surrendering as much as you could.

I was afraid, to then find out that I needed an emergency c-section, and that was to me, scarier. Had no choice but to surrender that the baby was coming out one way or the other, and my body was strong enough to deal with it.

And I'm echoing TS here love will sedate you.

Anacaona said...

fab,
hope your vacation is doing you well...thanks for stopping by to drop some words of motherly wisdom-much appreciated in my anxious last month of pregnancy. I am convinced that the love will sedate me...yet I am so friggin scared, I think I might have a heart attack. I'm sure all first time (and second, third, etc.) moms understand that. anyway, thanks for the love and good vibes people-i love ya, i really do...