Thursday, December 07, 2006

Secret Santa sucks

so it's that time of year of course, when people are overwhelmed whether it's because of the pressure of spending money over the holidays, or writing papers at the last minute, like me and Journey to enlightenment , or worrying about what to get someone as their Secret Santa...especially when they don't really know you're alive, oh wait, that might just be my own situation.

I'm in all three of those categories, so life for me sucks a little bit, not too much, but just enough for me to continuously dream about drowning or suffocating all night long last night. nice, isn't it? Anyhoo, i'm supposed to buy a Secret Santa gift by tomorrow, under $20, which thankfully isn't the problem. The problem is that it's almost 9:30 pm and i still haven't bought him anything. The other aspect is that when I asked around to see what his interests are, the answers were: cigarettes, alcohol, and Banana Republic. Hmmm, I don't support smoking, I just can't, my father was just diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder this year, and I'm more anti-cigarette smoke than i was before. my informant mentioned that I probably shouldn't support this person's drinking habits (i'm thinking someone is more than a social drinker), so that option is out. Banana Republic-besides the fact that I hate that store personally, I really can't buy him something from there. Besides the fact that the name itself leaves a bad taste in my mouth because of its connection to imperialism-Banana republic - Wikipedia explains , when i tried to order something on line anyway being nice...yeah, a scarf is about $35. I'm sorry buddy, but I don't even know you like that, you don't even talk to me, and i'm worrying about what i'm going to get you, worrying about if i should spend $35 on you, how about hell the fuck no. frankly, i usually like Secret Santa time, but i realize it only works if you have the slight possibility of knowing the person you might get, otherwise, you're running around like an idiot at the last minute or you just buy something that really sucks and will probably be mocked...maybe i'm exaggerating, oh well, i'm in one of those moods I guess...

either way, I gotta figure something out, and i really don't want this to spoil my holiday mood, wish me luck...

No comments: